Saturday, February 18, 2006

My spinning wheel


It's been a while since I've been able to post...too busy working on stuff for Christmas, then my BSN program started back up and I've been up to my eyeballs in homework. Last week I was elected President of our local Emergency Nurses Association. So....lots to do...little time to knit! :( I also have a new hobby...spinning! My loving hubby bought me a spinning wheel for Christmas, and then bought me a double-treadle kit for my birthday. Here's a picture. It's an Ashford Traveller, and it came all the way from New Zealand. It's used, but it's in great shape, and I got a wonderful deal on it! :) The bags lying around it contain various fiber...alpaca, romney sheep's wool, rambouillet sheep's wool, etc. The folks at SheepStreet tell me that my wheel is an early 1970's version of the Traveller - so it's nearly as old as I am!

No comments: