Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Valentines Day/Birthday To Me!

My loving hubby did so well today! He got me a Yarn Meter, so that I can figure out just exactly how much leftover sock yarn I have (dare I start another pair) and how much homespun I have created; he bought me the Yarn Harlot (Stephanie Pearl McPhee)'s Knitting Rules book, AND he had Dairy Queen make me an ice cream cake and pipe an icing ball of yarn onto the top - all in my favorite color of purple! :) It's no wonder that man is the love of my life! He's so sweet! I wasn't able to get a picture of the cake before it was cut, so I'm out of luck on that one. I also got in the mail from Wool-Tyme my 4 skeins of Apple Pie yarn. I've heard that it's wonderful for socks - very soft, yet durable. I can't wait to knit it up. Unfortunately, my Chemistry homework has to be caught up first, and I have to finish the current socks I'm working on, so that I can have my size 3 needles! I'll get a picture of the socks currently in progress up within the next day or so.

My friend Susie gave me a Gooseberry Patch cookbook, some fried apples, and some honey from Cracker Barrell (YUM!). Thanks Susie! She (also as my boss), said I should plan to take tomorrow off, too! YEAH! I didn't feel like I could, because of all of the work to be done...but I have to follow the boss' directives, right?!

Well, I need to get busy...tons to do so I can get to knitting!

No comments: