Saturday, February 17, 2007

A late birthday gift...

My present to myself - Elizabeth Zimmerman's "Knitting Workshop" DVD and book - arrived in the mail yesterday. I'm diligently working on homework right now so that hopefully I can spend some time looking at it today. I knitted for an hour or so on my mock cable socks last night while watching a movie after dinner with my DH and DDs. I'm about ready to start the heel flaps; (I'll put up a picture of my progress so far once my camera batteries are charged). They are made from Knit Picks' Bare - Superwash/Nylon/Donegal Fingering Weight yarn. It's the first time I've used it, and I really like it. I think I'm going to use some of my leftover self-striping yarn for the heels and toes...just to see what it looks like. I may end up frogging those parts if I don't like how it turns out.

I haven't touched my Desert Poncho for a couple of weeks - and probably won't for another couple of weeks, at least. It may be Spring Break before I can work on it again. As long as I have it finished in time for the County Fair, that's my goal. DH is going ice fishing, DD #1 is going to work at 5 pm, and DD #2 is watching Piper Ann (our 5 month old Boston Terrier puppy - another rescue). I'm off to try to get the homework finished so I can try to knit on the socks while I'm studying for an exam (re-reading notes is much more pleasant when one has a knitting project in hand!).

No comments: